Version History for DNA Structure
- 2006 Feb 25 (no change in version number):
Because many high school teachers are visiting this site, links were
added to BioMolecular Explorer 3D, a resource designed for high school
- 2004 Oct 27, Version 3.0:
Revised Questions for Students,
answers. Minor revisions to More DNA Resources.
Plan to make this version downloadable soon.
- 2004 Oct 6, Version 2.9:
Added Questions for Students
and a Lesson Plan for Teachers.
Recommended Andrew Carter's site as an introduction to this one.
Moved this version history into a separate document.
Updated More DNA Resources.
Repaired the link to the Portuguese translation.
Updated Browser Compatibility with
specifics for Macintosh OSX.
(This version was never downloadable.)
- 2002 Jul 19, Version 2.81: Fixed a bug that precluded the registration
form from working when accessed via the downloading link on this page,
and a bug that could affect Chime detection (the formerly yellow
ball is now pink). Improved troubleshooting
for the Macintosh PPC.
- 2002 Jun 25, Version 2.8:
Made compatible with Internet Explorer as well as Netscape,
and improved browser and Chime
checking and compatible version information.
Added new page on DNA, RNA, codons and anti-codons.
Added several new resources to the More DNA Resources page.
Minor revisions of text pages and some new alert messages;
fixed broken link to Spanish translation.
Minor improvements to molecular images but no new content,
except for a new Codons button on "The Code" page.
Decorated contents page with snapshots.
Fixed bugs in 2X and 1/2X routines and orientation of AT and GC.
Added busy/ready indicator to first two pages.
- 2001 Oct 10, added link (under title) to German translation.
- 2001 Aug 04, added link (under title) to Spanish translation.
Updated list of compatible Chime versions and browsers.
- 1998 Jan 24, version 2.3:
Made compatible with Navigator 4.04 and Chime 2 under Windows 95..
- 1997 Jul 25, version 2.2: Made compatible with Navigator 4.01. AT
and GC buttons on base-pairs page are now toggles, first extracting,
then reinserting the base pair into the helix. New explanation pages
linked to color keys. Button backgrounds made gray (instead of
black) so Navigator 3.01's all-black mouse pointer text bar is
visible. (Bar is black and white in 4.01.) All documentation
was brought up to date.
- 1997 Jan 22, version 2.01: Several bugs fixed.
- 1997 Jan 21, version 2: AT/GC as ball-and-stick with double bonds, hydrogens
optional. 2X and 1/2X improved. Instructions for creating new nonlinear
tutorials. Debug mode provided. NonLinear Control Structure version 2
(NLCS2). Many other improvements and bugs fixed.
- 1996 Nov 11, version 1.5: Improved AT/GC button results.
Added one question as demonstration (later removed).